“Yes!” but also, “Um wait, is it safe?” – This is all of us right now after learning about Kentucky slowly reopening.
The state health department announced, on May 07, 2020, that Massage Therapists can reopen beginning May 25. Reopening is exciting because I’m sure we are all looking to jump back into our bodywork regimen. On my end, there has been pulled muscles, migraines, hip pain, and leg throbs – Yikes! How about you?
I would love to see all of your faces and begin helping you heal again! I understand that many of you may be experiencing some apprehension around integrating into a New Normal. Rest assured, Holistic Bodywork will strictly follow CDC guidelines. Below, there is a list of guidelines for the therapist and clients as well. As time goes on, this list is subject to change.
- COVID19 screening questions via phone days before the session
- Client intake form completed online
- The room and restroom is cleaned/sanitized before and after each client. That includes all furniture, massage table, doorknobs, and floors.
- Waiting area is closed
- Therapist will meet client at door with hand sanitizer
- Therapist will wear cloth mask throughout session
- Therapist will wear gloves when massaging the face
- Before and after session, therapist will wash hands up to elbow thoroughly
- Used sheets are kept in a separate area and bagged.
- If first time, client must complete intake form online
- Client has COVID19 screening questions via phone
- If you have COVID19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) or have come in contact with someone who may have COVID19, please stay home and reschedule.
- Waiting area is closed – client will have to wait in the car
- When meeting the therapist at the door, client cleans hands with sanitizer
- Client wears mask throughout session
- Client puts clothes in one area of the room
- Contactless payment options: Client saves debit/credit card on file, payment applications, or via phone to eliminate transfer of objects
- After session, client cleans hands with hand sanitizer
If you have any questions about the guidelines, please feel free to call, text, or email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in keeping yourself and others healthy. I’m looking forward to seeing you all!
Let’s heal, together.
Erica Ware – LMT & Founder of Holistic Bodywork